A chapel of Ease, by definition is a church building, other than the parish church, built within the bounds of a Parish for the attendance of those who cannot reach the church conveniently.

The Chapel of Ease was consecrated in 1849 by Bishop Feild of Nova Scotia. His gift to the church, a silver chalice and paten, is still used today at every celebration of the Eucharist.

Wide, gradual steps lead up to the entrance of The Chapel of Ease in St.Davids built in 1818, with its tower added in 1957. It is situated strategically on a steep hillside with stupendous views over Dollys Bay at the Eastern end of the Island, its grounds scattered about with well kept graves painted white in the Bermudian tradition. Attending a funeral on this revered site, with the blue sky, the sun shining, breezes from the sea wafting about give one a sense of peace, despite the purpose of the visit.

St.Davids people rejoice in their differences, claiming a heritage from the Pequot and Mohican Indians (and also the Mohawks) , brought to Bermuda as slaves in the 17th century despite information to the contrary. (Geoff Rothwell "Mohawks in the Onion Patch 2002") They are a close knit community and celebrate their heritage more so than any other people in Bermuda whose origins are so diverse. A local joke is that one must make sure one carries one's passport when visiting St.Davids.

Services:
Sunday 8:45am Holy Eucharist

Address
  St. David's Island
  St. George's Parish
Web:
Bermuda - Chapel of Ease Bermuda - Chapel of Ease Reviewed by TheOnionPatch A chapel of Ease, by definition is a church building, other than the parish church, built within the bounds of a Parish for the attendance of those who cannot reach the church conveniently. The Chapel of Ease was consecrated in 1849 by Bishop Feild of Nova Scotia. His gift to the church, a silver Rating: 5 Bermuda